The KJK Physician Advisory Group PROVIDES Physicians with guidance on a wide range of matters including:
- Corporate Formation
- Operating Agreements
- Shareholder Agreements
- Buy-Sell Agreements
- Sales and Purchases of Physician Practices
- Practice Management Relationships
- Friendly-Physician Models
- Professional Services Agreements
- Physician Employment Agreements
- Non-Compete Agreements
- Provider Recruitment and Contracting
- Vendor and Supply Chain Contracting
- Managed Care Negotiations
- HIPAA and HITECH Compliance
- Data Privacy and Security
- Sunshine Act
- Anti-Markup Rule
- Medical Marijuana
- Medicare Conditions of Participation
- Medicare and Medicaid Compliance
- Compliance Programs and Audits
- Internal Investigations
- Concierge Medicine and Direct Primary Care Models
- Medicare Opt-Outs
- Professional Board Actions
- Private Equity Services
- Corporate Business Transactions
- Joint Ventures
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Medical Office Building Leases
- Certificates of Need
- Substance Abuse Matters
- Unlawful Prescribing or Dispensing
- Professional Licensing
- DEA Matters
- Staff Privileging and Credentialing
- National Practitioner Data Bank (NPDB) Disputes
- Administrative Complaints and Hearings
- Medical, Nursing and Pharmacy Board Hearings
- Medical Staff, Fair Hearing and Peer Review Issues
- Medicare Overpayments
- IV Therapy
- False Claims Act
- Stark, Anti-Kickback and Fraud and Abuse Laws
- Opioid Prescribing
- Criminal Defense
- Prenuptial and Domestic Partnership Agreements
- Representation During Divorce and Child Custody and Support Disputes
- Estate Planning
- Intellectual Property Protection
- Research and Scientific Misconduct
KJK And Our Attorneys:
Serve as general counsel for physicians and their businesses on a wide range of matters.
Organize physician practices, including the preparation and negotiation of shareholder agreements, operating agreements, buy-sell agreements and related corporate documents.
Structure physician and other referral relationship in accordance with the complex layers of federal and state regulation, including the federal Stark law, Anti-Kickback law and state corporate practice medicine, self-referral and licensure requirements.
Conduct and close significant private offerings for physician-owned businesses, including physician practices, ambulatory surgical centers and medical device companies.
Represent clients to organize and negotiate significant cutting-edge population health joint ventures, co-management companies and physician multispecialty joint ventures.
Represent small and large physician practices in selling their respective private practices through stock, membership interest or hybrid transactions to large nonprofit medical centers and to publicly traded companies.
Represent physician practices merging with large physician groups or other businesses, forming new subsidiaries, acquiring other physician practices and businesses and participating in other integration transactions.
Serve as corporate and regulatory counsel for large national health care providers operating under the “friendly physician” practice model.
Assist health care clients in obtaining venture capital and other private equity investments and bank financing.
Review and negotiate numerous procurement contracts and real estate leases for physician-owned businesses.
Provide health care regulatory and employment law compliance guidance to physician practices, home health agencies, independent diagnostic testing facilities, laboratories, staffing companies, management companies and other health care providers and suppliers, including the preparation of policies and procedures and employee handbooks.
Organize and served as corporate and regulatory counsel for Medicare accountable care organizations (ACOs) and physician organization.
Provide guidance to numerous health care clients regarding ambiguous and changing regulations under federal and private payer health care payment reform.
Provide HIPAA, HITECH, Red Flags Rule and related data privacy and security guidance to clients through the preparation of policies and procedures, day-to-day compliance advice, business associate and data sharing agreements, employee training materials and assistance in breach notifications and response.
Complete Medicare enrollment and change of information forms and assisted clients to resolve issues surrounding the same.
Provide guidance to health care providers and medical device companies regarding the Physician Payments Sunshine Act and other federal transparency and reporting initiatives.
Assist ambulatory surgery center and other clients in responding to and preparing for governmental and accreditation inspections and surveys.
Review and negotiate employment agreements and executive severance agreements for health care clients.
Defend physicians during medical staff fair hearings.
Defend physicians, dental practices and pharmacies in state licensing board actions.
Represent physician practices with respect to audits, governmental and third-party payer self-disclosures, accusations of billing fraud and overpayment liability.